There are many different ways for a person to get legal access to the U.S. temporarily. All of these should be reviewed by an attorney to verify that you are indeed eligible for the type of entry at hand.

For people outside the United States, asking questions about immigration can be very complicated, especially since minor errors on your part or misconceptions could lead to a blockage of your attempted immigration effort. People who live outside of the United States could be able to request parole into the United States based on reasons of significant public benefit or humanitarian benefit. Understanding this process requires the support of an experienced immigration lawyer. Discretion is used by USCIS in order to authorize parole. This is only available for those people who are otherwise inadmissible or ineligible for U.S. admission to be paroled into the United States for a temporary period of time. It is not intended to be used by those people who are looking to avoid typical visa processing timelines and procedures or to replace established channels for processing refugees. Only certain people are eligible to file for this form of parole. Certain types of evidence need to be submitted with your application and overlooking these could lead to a delay or denial. Each petitioner should be prepared to submit various types of evidence, such as why they intend to come to the United States. Reasons include;

  • Reuniting with family in the United States for urgent humanitarian reasons.
  • To be in an organ donor to someone already in the U.S.
  • To get medical treatment in the U.S.
  • To participate in legal, civil proceedings in the United States.
  • To attend a funeral or settle the affairs of a deceased person in the U.S.

Schedule a consultation with an immigration lawyer to determine whether or not you meet these eligibility criteria and to assist you with putting together the paperwork.