Houston Family Immigration Services Lawyer

The immigration processes can be quite complex, it is better to have the guidance of an experienced immigration lawyer. By working with Zavala Law Firm, PLLC, you will be able to leave your immigration issues in the hands of a professional who has the ability to act on your behalf.

Family-based immigration is founded in the importance of a family unit and allows for certain family members to petition for their relatives to apply for permanent residence in the United States. These family petitions (I-130, Petition for Alien Relative) can be submitted regardless of whether your relative is in the United States or in another country. However, the law can be very complexed and that is why we are here to help find a solution to your situation.

We handle The Following Elements Of Family Immigration ServicesFamily Immigration Attorney, Houston

  • Relative Petitions – Under the Immigration Law of the United States, certain individuals who are Permanent Residents or U.S. citizens are able to petition a family member who does not have a permanent or legal immigrant status in the United States. The process of petitioning for one’s family member is known as a relative petition and is filed on Form I-130. Consult with Attorney Zavala to see if you qualify to petition for a family member such as your spouse, parent, child, or sibling.
  • Fiancé Petitions – Similar to Relative petitions, a petition for a person’s fiancé is used to bring a person who is outside of the United States who is engaged to marry only a U.S. citizen within 90 days of the person’s entry into the United States. Also, this type of petition is used to expedite the process of a spouse of a U.S. citizen who is living abroad and has not completed their permanent residence process.
  • Permanent Residence – An application for permanent residence or green card application is the second step which follows the family relative petition. There are two paths to complete the permanent residence process, one is filing Form I-485 and adjust your permanent residence while living in the United States. The second path is to apply for an immigrant visa at a consulate in your home country and gain entry into the United States after having an interview at the U.S. consulate in your country. It is imperative to consult with an experienced immigration attorney, such as Attorney Zavala to correctly identify your eligibility for permanent residence in the United States. The wrong help can land you in deportation proceedings or can make you lose thousands of dollars in government application fees.

Additional Support In These Areas:

  • VAWA Petitions
  • Widow Petitions
  • I-130 – Family Petitions
  • I-485 – Adjustment of Status or Permanent Residence
  • I-129F – Fiancé(e) Petitions
  • DACA – Deferred Action for Students (waiting on the supreme court, to begin with Parents)
  • TPS – Temporary Protected Status
  • I-131 – Travel Documents
  • Military Parole in Place
  • I-765 – Employment Authorization Permits

Whether you are a son, daughter, spouse, parent, or fiancé(e) of Permanent Resident or U.S. citizen, we can help you obtain your immigrant visa to travel to the United States from another country or your permanent residence (green card) if you are already living in the United States. Zavala Law Firm, PLLC is here to help you navigate successfully through the entire immigration process dealing with various federal agencies in and outside of the United States.