phone iconcall us today:

What Factors Are Considered by USCIS In Granting Immigration Status?

Posted on : October 1, 2018
Immigration Attorney Houston

If you have not started the immigration approval process well in advance, you could find yourself facing numerous challenges and unnecessary delays. When you choose to work with an attorney from the outset of recognizing that you need immigration help however, you’ll be in a much better frame of mind for accomplishing the necessary tasks. The support of a lawyer can be extremely helpful in articulating what you need to know about immigration law.

There are many different factors that USCIS considers in granting an individual immigration status, and while these factors are considered in practically every case, each case is unique and has different characterizations and facts that you might not be aware of. That’s why it’s difficult to compare your experience to someone else. The USCIS will first consider whether or not the applicant has an immediate relative who is a lawful permanent resident or a U.S. citizen. Additionally, it will be identified whether or not the applicant already has a permanent employment opportunity in the United States and whether that employment fits under one of the eligible employment categories.

Next, it is considered whether or not the applicant is making a capital investment in the United States that achieves certain thresholds and whether or not this saves a certain number of jobs or creates new jobs. Finally, USCIS will evaluate whether the applicant qualifies for refugee status based on persecution due to nationality, race, religion, membership in a certain group or political view based on their country of origin. USCIS can be a very difficult government agency to work with if you are not familiar with their various rules and requirements.

This is why it is recommended that you have an immigration attorney on your side to help advise you through the process and answer your questions so that you can avoid mistakes. There are many different things that you must evaluate in the process of pulling together your immigration paperwork and errors can cost you in terms of time and clarity. Hire a lawyer to help.  


Posted in : First Page Attorney

4 responses to “What Factors Are Considered by USCIS In Granting Immigration Status?”

  1. Sweet web site, super design and style, really clean and apply genial.

  2. Thanks for your marvelous posting! I quite enjoyed reading it, you could be a great author.I will make certain to bookmark your blog and will come back in the foreseeable future. I want to encourage you continue your great work, have a nice day!

  3. I discovered your blog website on google and verify a number of of your early posts. Continue to keep up the very good operate. I just further up your RSS feed to my MSN News Reader. Searching for ahead to reading extra from you later on!…

  4. Greetings! I know this is kinda off topic but I was wondering if you knew where I could locate a captcha plugin for my comment form? I’m using the same blog platform as yours and I’m having problems finding one? Thanks a lot!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *